Healthy Harvest Wild Rice Egg Linguine
I love this pasta.
It's simply delicious.
I was delighted to try this recipe and loved the nutritious toss-up of cherry tomatoes, corn, leeks, kale and basil. It's a lovely meal packed full of flavour from the garlic, red chili flakes, olive oil and of course, beautiful vegetables.
It is very satisfying yet it doesn't leave that heavy feeling that most pasta dishes do. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do :)
1x 454 gr box Floating Leaf Artisan Wild Rice Egg Linguine
¼ cup olive oil
1 small onion, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp red chili flakes
1 leek, trimmed, white & light green parts only, thinly sliced
2 cobs fresh corn, kernels removed ( or 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels )
4 stalks fresh kale, leaves only, thinly sliced
4 cups cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped (note: reserve some basil leaves for garnish )
sea salt & pepper to taste
parmesean cheese, optional
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Cook Floating Leaf Artisan Wild Rice Egg Linguine as per package directions. Drain when cooked and set aside.
2. Heat olive oil, over medium heat, in a large, flat-bottomed fry pan. Add onion and garlic and cook 4- 6 minutes until fragrant. Add red chili flakes and stir.
3. Add leek and corn to fry pan and cook, stirring often, for 4 – 5 more minutes, until leek is tender. Add kale and cherry tomatoes and cook for approx 8 – 10 minutes until tomatoes begin to release their juices.
4. Remove from heat and toss with chopped fresh basil. Season with s & p. Add cooked pasta to pan and toss well.
5. Garnish with parmesan cheese and basil leaves.
Serves 4 – 6